Final Environmental Impact Statement ErrataAs part of the public review period for the South Mountain Freeway Final Environmental Impact (EIS) Statement, it was noted that 10 comments submitted in 2013 on the Draft EIS were not documented in the Final EIS. As a result, ADOT and the Federal Highway Administration issued a formal Notice of Omission in the Federal Register on Nov. 7, 2014, and published an Errata to the Final EIS on Nov. 28, 2014. The Errata contains the 10 additional comments to the Draft EIS that were inadvertently not recorded in the Final EIS and includes the responses to those comments. The Errata is available for a 30-day review until Dec. 27, 2014.
The files below are in PDF format unless otherwise noted.
ADOT has not put out a press release, and this update to their page does not make it clear that comments are accepted now until 12/27/14.
Update: ADOT sent out an announcement via email (content below) after viewing this website. Someone there checks this website every few days. (Hey ADOT- quit being racist and trying to destroy the environment for your financial agenda!) A press release has still not shown up on their website.
South Mountain Freeway comment deadline extended to Dec. 29
Addendum to Final Environmental Impact Statement now available for review
With the Arizona Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration issuing an addendum – called an Errata – to the Final Environmental Impact Statement for the proposed South Mountain Freeway, the comment period has been extended to Dec. 29 for final comments before a Record of Decision is issued in 2015.
Of the more than 8,000 comments received during the public review period for the South Mountain Freeway Draft Environmental Impact Statement, it was noted that 10 comments submitted in 2013 were inadvertently not relayed to the study team for incorporation into the Final Environmental Impact Statement, which was released Sept. 26. As a result, the Arizona Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration issued a “Notice of Omission” in the Federal Register and published an Errata to the Final Environmental Impact Statement.
The Errata contains the 10 comments and formal responses to those comments; it will be available for a 30-day public review period. The Errata can be found at these 18 locations:
A Record of Decision is expected in early 2015. The final decision on construction of the freeway is a cooperative effort involving ADOT, the Federal Highway Administration and the Maricopa Association of Governments as the regional planning agency. The corridor is part of a comprehensive, voter-approved regional plan developed by the Maricopa Association of Governments, and ADOT serves as the agency responsible for implementation of that plan, with the Federal Highway Administration providing the oversight required to use federal transportation funds.
- Phoenix Public Library – Cesar Chavez; 3635 W. Baseline Road, Laveen; 602.262.4636
- Phoenix Public Library – Desert Sage; 7602 W. Encanto Blvd., Phoenix; 602.262.4636
- Phoenix Public Library – Ironwood; 4333 E. Chandler Blvd., Phoenix; 602.262.4636
- Phoenix Public Library – Burton Barr; 1221 N. Central Ave., Phoenix; 602.262.4636
- Chandler Sunset Library; 4930 W. Ray Road, Chandler; 480.782.2800
- Sam Garcia Western Avenue Library; 495 E. Western Ave., Avondale; 623.333.2565
- Tolleson West Public Library; 9555 W. Van Buren St., Tolleson; 623.936.2746
- Tempe Public Library; 3500 S. Rural Road, Tempe; 480.350.5500
- ADOT Environmental Planning Group; 1611 W. Jackson St., Phoenix; 602.712.7767 (call for appointment)
- Gila River Indian Community District 1 Service Center; 15747 N. Shegoi Road, Coolidge; 520.215.2110
- Gila River Indian Community District 2 Service Center; 9239 W. Sacaton Flats Road, Sacaton; 520.562.3450/520.562.3358/520.562.1807
- Gila River Indian Community District 3 Service Center; 31 N. Church St., Sacaton; 520.562.2700
- Gila River Indian Community District 4 Service Center; 1510 W. Santan St., Sacaton; 520.418.3661/520.418.3228
- Gila River Indian Community District 5 Service Center; 3456 W. Casa Blanca Road, Bapchule; 520.315.3441/520.315.3445
- Gila River Indian Community District 6 Service Center; 5230 W. St. Johns Road, Laveen; 520.550.3805/520.550.3806/520.550.3557
- Gila River Indian Community District 7 Service Center; 8201 W. Baseline Road, Laveen; 520.430.4780
- Gila River Indian Community – Ira Hayes Library; 94 N. Church St., Sacaton; 520.562.3225
- Gila River Indian Community Communications & Public Affairs Office; 525 W. Gu U Ki Road, Sacaton; 520.562.9851
For more information, visit azdot.gov/SouthMountainFreeway, email email@example.com, call 602.712.7006, or write to ADOT Community Relations, 1655 W. Jackson St., MD126F, Phoenix, AZ 85007.